Have you ever made air fryer chicken breast? This Air Fryer Southwest Chicken has the perfect blend of spices in a simple marinade and is so tender and juicy you’ll never want chicken from the oven again!
In the last few years air fryers have been all the rage. I was late to the party and didn’t get one until last Christmas and I’ve had fun trying new things in it since! I have a NuWave Air Fryer and have been pleased with it.
Do you have an air fryer? What is your favorite thing to make in it?
What do you cook in an air fryer?
Some of my favorite things to cook in our air fryer are
- chicken nuggets
- sweet potato fries
- frozen foods that you’d normally cook in an oven
- the options are endless, there are SO many things you can make!
This Air Fryer Southwest Chicken recipe is easy to make and so versatile. You can make
- Southwest Chicken Salad
- Southwest Chicken Tacos
- Southwest Chicken Quesadillas
- Paired with Healthy Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Served with a side of corn and black beans
Can you fry chicken in the air fryer?
Yes, you can! It’s so simple and easy and you are going to love how tender and juicy it is! I can’t believe I’ve never made it in the air fryer before. Just make sure the internal temperature reaches 165 for it to be fully cooked. Just get a simple meat thermometer like this one.
You can serve this Air Fryer Southwest Chicken with a vegetable or add as a protein on a salad! My Southwest Chicken Salad is perfect for this recipe.
Add your desired toppings and you have a delicious healthy meal!
You can do so much with this air fryer chicken breast, I can’t wait to hear how you incorporate it into your meals!
If you’d like to pin it on Pinterest you can pin it here.
Air Fryer Southwest Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts thawed
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 1 T avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place thawed chicken, lime juice and oil into a gallon size ziplock bag.
- Combine all spices into a separate bowl, then pour over chicken in bag. Make sure to mix it well over chicken.
- Place chicken into fridge and let marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from ziplock bag and place in air fryer.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 25 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through.
- *The thinner the chicken breasts are sliced the less time it will need to cook, the thicker they are the longer they will need to cook.
- Cook chicken to 165 degrees internal temperature.
Photo Credit: Gourmet Creations Photography