Cheesy, creamy, easy and on the table in under 30 minutes. This Creamy Taco Pasta is perfect for a weeknight dinner and makes great leftovers!
This recipe is a hit at our house. I mean, who doesn’t like noodles and cheese?? If it has both of those ingredients my boys are sure to gobble it up!
How do you make Taco Pasta?
When I say this recipe is easy, I’m not exaggerating. This recipe can be made on your stove top in under 30 minutes only having to use a skillet and a pan to cook the noodles.
- Cook the noodles separately while the meat is cooking in the skillet.
- Add in the remainder of the ingredients except for 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese to meat mixture.
- After everything is combined add in the last 1/2 cup of cheese to melt on top.
- Viola! A delicious dinner is served!
What makes this recipe creamy?
I added 4 ounces of Philadelphia Cream Cheese to make this taco pasta even more of a comfort meal! Adding in the cream cheese turns this from not just a meal my family will eat… but a meal my family will LOVE.
I love to incorporate cream cheese into desserts or dips but I don’t add it into my pasta very often, until now! It kicked this recipe up a notch and it’s not an over-powering flavor, just adds more creaminess to your dish.
Other reasons I love this recipe…
- It makes great leftovers. We try not to eat out for lunch too often and this makes a large batch so my husband and I easily have leftovers for lunches.
- The ingredients are not complicated and I almost always have them on hand. We ALL need recipes like this!
- Everyone in my family will eat it.
- My family loves skillet meals (and so do I because they are easy to make!) Another one of their favorites is my Easy Cheeseburger Gnocchi Skillet.
I hope you love this Creamy Taco Pasta recipe as much as my family does!
Creamy Taco Pasta
- 10 oz elbow noodles
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1.25 oz pkg taco seasoning
- 29 oz fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese
- Cook minced garlic and ground beef in skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain if desired.
- While beef is cooking, cook noodles in a separate pan until they are cooked al dente. Once they are cooked, drain water.
- Add taco seasoning, tomatoes, cream cheese and beef broth to skillet with beef until cream cheese is melted.
- Pour noodles into the skillet with meat mixture and add 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Stir until melted, then add remaining cheese on top and place lid on the pan and allow the cheese to melt before serving.