This healthy breakfast casserole is quick and easy to prepare and is loaded with veggies! It is perfect for prepping ahead of time to make breakfast simple and ready in a flash!
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I agree!
I love breakfast food. And I really love breakfast casserole.
This recipe makes 8 servings and is a great way to start your day packed full of vegetables! I love when I can sneak veggies into a recipe like my Turkey Black Bean Chili with Butternut Squash.
How to prepare this meal in advance.
This casserole can easily be prepped ahead of time. You could cut up all the vegetables and store in airtight containers in the fridge until you are ready to assemble.
Then, the next morning you could whip the eggs and remaining ingredients together while the oven is preheating. A healthy breakfast in no time!
What to serve with Healthy Breakfast casserole
You could easily pair this recipe with a carbohydrate to balance your breakfast. Some ideas are
Take this to your next brunch, or just whip it up this weekend for your family. This is a great casserole to prepare if you are having company over as well!
No matter what occasion you make it for, I hope you enjoy it and feel good about filling your body with a nutritious and satisfying healthy breakfast casserole with vegetables. Enjoy!
Check out my other popular breakfast casserole recipes, Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits and Breakfast Casserole with Crescent Rolls.
Healthy Breakfast Casserole with Vegetables
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms diced
- 1 cup spinach
- 12 eggs
- 2 tbsp 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Put olive oil in skillet over medium heat and sauté peppers and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach to skillet and cook until it is wilted.
- Crack 12 eggs and place into large bowl. Whisk together with milk until smooth.
- Add cooked vegetables to bowl with eggs and milk. Add salt and pepper and gently mix together.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until knife comes out clean from center of casserole.
Photo Credit: Gourmet Creations Photography