This healthy breakfast casserole is quick and easy to prepare and is loaded with veggies!
Is there anything better than starting your day with a delicious breakfast?
I love breakfast food. And my favorite thing to have is a breakfast casserole. I hadn’t made one in a while and I decided to create my own healthy breakfast casserole with vegetables… and I’m so glad I did.
This recipe makes 8 servings and is a great way to start your day packed full of vegetables! I love when I can sneak veggies into a recipe like my Turkey Black Bean Chili with Butternut Squash.
This is a great recipe to meal prep as well.
I get up early and work out most days, and when I get back home I only have about an hour to get my boys and I ready for the day and my son to school. Some days I’m so busy taking care of them that I forget to make my own breakfast!
When I made it last week I was able to eat it for a few days so breakfast was taken care of! It’s also a great idea to prepare the night before and leave it in the fridge so when you wake up the next morning, breakfast is already prepared, you just have to cook it!
That’s what I call a MOM WIN!
I’ve always loved breakfast casseroles. I love the ones that are loaded with cheese and sausage, but I also enjoy a healthier option such as this one.
You are going to love this recipe… and here is why!
- It’s super easy to make
- Easy to meal prep
- Sneaks veggies into your breakfast
- Kid approved
Take this to your next brunch, or just whip it up this weekend for your family. This is a great casserole to prepare if you are having company over as well!
No matter what occasion you make it for, I hope you enjoy it and feel good about filling your body with a nutritious and satisfying healthy breakfast casserole with vegetables. Enjoy!
Check out my other popular breakfast recipe, Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits!
Pin this recipe on Pinterest here
Healthy Breakfast Casserole with Vegetables
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms diced
- 1 cup spinach
- 12 eggs
- 2 tbsp 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced fat colby jack cheese (I used Aldi brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Put olive oil in skillet over medium heat and sauté peppers and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach to skillet and cook until it is wilted.
- Crack 12 eggs and place into large bowl. Whisk together with milk until smooth.
- Add cooked vegetables to bowl with eggs and milk. Add salt and pepper and gently mix together.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until knife comes out clean from center of casserole.
Photo Credit: Gourmet Creations Photography