A delicious, simple, bright and beautiful bowl of honey lime fruit salad is satisfying and sweet for a weeknight meal, or as a side dish at your next gathering! This is the best fruit salad because of the honey lime drizzle added to it… it’s simply divine!
Fruit salad is the kind of recipe that can go alongside many dishes!
- Burgers on the grill
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Healthy Chicken Salad Brown Rice Bowl
- Easy Cheeseburger Gnocchi Skillet
- Breakfast Casserole with Potatoes
This recipe will be a hit with kids too because it’s colorful and filled with just enough sweetness that they will keep asking for more! Fruit is always a great snack for kids, too!
How do you naturally wash fruit?
You need to wash all your produce, even if it’s organic. You can wash your produce quickly using the either of the methods below.
- Soak your produce in salt water for 20 minutes. You can use Himalayan pink salt or Redmond Real Salt is what I always have on hand. It needs to be about a 10% salt water solution and researchers have shown that is effective in removing common pesticide residues.
- Another option is to use 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water and allow to soak for about 20 minutes. Keep an eye on softer fruits, such as berries, so they don’t become too soft.
Ingredients needed for Honey Lime Fruit Salad
You can easily add additional fruits to this salad such as
- Honeydew Melon
- Bananas (I’d serve immediately if using bananas)
Use your favorite fruits and swap out the ones you don’t love. You really can customize this honey lime fruit salad to be your very favorite by using the fruits you enjoy eating the most.
How to make Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- Prepare your fruit. Wash the strawberries, blueberries and grapes using one of the methods above and pat dry with a dish towel or paper towels.
- Remove skin from pineapple and kiwi and dice each fruit.
- Halve the strawberries and remove the stems.
- Combine all fruit into a large bowl.
- Make dressing by using a citrus juicer to extract the lime juice and mix well with honey.
- Drizzle the dressing over the combined fruit.
- Serve and enjoy!
*I like to chill this salad for about 10 minutes prior to serving.
Can I use frozen fruit for this recipe?
I would discourage you from using frozen fruit for this recipe because you will find that frozen fruit can become mushy once thawed. You’ll be much happier taking the time to prepare this fruit salad with fresh fruit!
5 Ingredient Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- 1 lb strawberries , halved
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 6 oz blueberries
- 3 kiwi
- 1 cup grapes , halved
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 TBS fresh lime juice
- Remove skin from pineapple and then remove core. Then dice into chunks
- Remove skin from kiwi and slice into bite sized pieces.
- Remove grapes from stems.
- Wash all fruit and rinse thoroughly with a strainer. Place fruit in a large bowl.
- Mix honey and lime juice and drizzle over combine fruit. Gently stir.
- Chill for at least 10 minutes before serving.