These 5 ingredient Italian Roasted Baby Potatoes are a great healthy side dish that can be made in the oven and are quick and easy to prepare!
For this recipe I chose to use baby red potatoes. You can use other baby potatoes as well if you prefer.
How do you prepare baby red potatoes?
- Wash the potatoes
- Use a paper towel or dish towel and dry them off
- Using a cutting board cut each potato into quarters
- Place quartered potatoes into a bowl
- Combine oil and spices and mix in bowl with potatoes
- Place potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer
- Bake and enjoy
How long do I cook baby potatoes at 400 degrees?
I like my baby potatoes to be tender so I baked mine at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Some ovens may vary so you may need to cook them longer to get them to your desired texture and tenderness.
If a fork can pierce the potato easily that signals a potato that is ready to me!
What seasonings can you use on baby potatoes?
I chose a simple italian seasoning, garlic and salt for this recipe but there are lots of options for other spices to use if you are looking for a different flavor.
- chili powder
- salt & pepper
After you combine the olive oil and italian seasoning, garlic, salt and mix over potatoes they are ready to bake!
I like to use parchment paper on a baking sheet for easier clean up. You take the parchment paper and line the baking sheet with it, then place potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. I cooked these Italian Roasted Baby Potatoes for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
Looking for more vegetable recipes?
I’ve listed below my favorite vegetable recipes on my blog!
If you want a hearty vegetable soup check out my One Pot Vegetable Beef Soup!
Italian Roasted Baby Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs baby red potatoes washed and quartered
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash potatoes and then quarter them and place in a mixing bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients and then pour over potatoes and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place potatoes in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked to your preference.