I’m excited to share with you some of my favorite products that help me maintain a healthy lifestyle!
- Advocare Spark: It should be no surprise to you that I am starting this off with Spark. If you follow me on Instagram you know I love this stuff. I don’t usually drink coffee in the morning, about 7 years ago, I replaced my morning Joe with Advocare Spark. It claims to give you focus and energy, and I have to say, it really does give me both. I drink coffee sometimes, but Spark is what gets me going every morning!
- Apple Watch: I currently have an Apple Watch Series 3 and like it. I have also had a Fitbit and liked it as well. I like using an activity tracker so I can see how many steps I’m getting throughout the day but I don’t track calories burned.
- Bar Method: I began working out at Bar Method in December of 2016. The reason I started was because I was a year post-op from back surgery and was still having pain and seeing a Physical Therapist. I was paying $150 per session at PT because I’d reached my max with my insurance. My chiropractor (Finan Chiropractic in Kansas City) recommended Bar Method so I joined her for a class and was hooked. I have less pain than I can ever remember because my core is strong and I am toning and feeling stronger than ever. Visit the Bar Method website to see if there is a studio in your area, and if there isn’t, check out their online classes. I’ve never taken one but if you want to try a barre workout this would be a great way to check it out!
- StepBet: I began doing StepBets over a year ago as a way to hold myself accountable to be active. At the time walking was the only activity I was doing because it was all I could really handle post back surgery. StepBet forced me to be active because I had $40 on the line!
Here is how it works… Download the StepBet app and find a game (or follow this link to join my next game!) You pay $40 to join the game and StepBet will calculate your step goals. Everyone who achieves their goals splits the post at the end of the game. Each week you have to meet the step goals they have given you and they are broken down into 4 “active” days, 2 “power” days and 1 “rest” day.
- Active Day- An active day is what you typically do each day, maybe a tad higher. They average your steps to calculate this number and you have to meet step goal at least 4 days each week.
- Power Day- A stretch day is higher than your active day, usually by 2k-3k steps. It is meant to STRETCH you to work a little harder and be more active than you are on a typical day.
- Rest Day- You don’t have to reach a goal on that specific day. I really try use my rest day on a Sunday so I can have one day I truly can “rest” and not worry about how many steps I’ve done.
- Advocare Coreplex with Iron: This is the multi-vitamin I take. It is a great price point and offers me the nutrition I need in a multivitamin.
- Collagen Peptides: I’ve heard people talk about collagen for a while and it always intrigued me. It took me a while to jump on the bandwagon but now that I have, I don’t want to live without it! I love collagen for not only my hair, skin and nails, but it is also great for gut health and immune system support. You can read more about why I love collagen here.
- Vitamin D: This summer I had some blood work taken and I was low on vitamin D. I have hypothyroidism and my Vitamin D levels need to be in a healthy range to help my thyroid function optimally. I found this supplement and have taken it ever since. I think Garden of Life is an amazing brand I really trust. I also give my kids the Garden of Life probiotic. I recently thought of finding a new one for my boys because they aren’t cheap, but after doing my research I’ve decided to continue giving my boys this brand.
- SPIBelt: I don’t know about you but I hate wearing one of those arm bands with my phone on it when I go outside to workout. I discovered this belt this summer and it works great! It even fits my iPhone 8+ which sometimes feels like a mini iPad. It’s light, breathes easy and is adjustable.
- Elderberry gummies: I am all about preventing illness so I keep these gummies on hand to help boost our immune systems!
What are your healthy lifestyle products that you can’t live without?
*Please consult your physician before taking any supplements. I am not a medical professional, these are strictly my opinions.