With 2 growing boys in my house, snacks are an inevitable part of our day. I like having quick, nutritious snacks available to them as a healthy option for them to fuel their young bodies! They love protein balls, and these oatmeal raisin protein balls might be their new favorite!
This recipe calls for only 6 ingredients! I always have these ingredients on hand so when we run out I can easily make more.
I like to make these when I’m craving a sweet treat because they are the perfect snack to fulfill that craving and it makes enough for me to have snacks for a few days.
To make Oatmeal Raisin Protein Balls you need:
- Gluten free oatmeal
- Nut Butter (I used almond butter)
- Ground Flaxseed
- Chia Seeds
I like to use a food processor to make my protein balls.
I like the oatmeal to be ground up a bit and it’s quicker and easier to mix the ingredients in the food processor as well. I’ve had my food processor since we got married 14 years ago and think it’s a great kitchen staple for a lot of different things!
What are protein balls good for?
- Sack lunches
- After workout snack
- Anytime you want! 🙂
I store my protein balls in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week. Though I’ll be honest… they never last that long!
I chose to use gluten free oats for this recipe because I eat gluten free due to an autoimmune disease, but if you eat gluten you can use quick oats or old fashion oats, whichever you prefer.
One of my favorite things about cooking is having my kids help me in the kitchen. Both my boys love protein balls and they enjoy helping me make them as well. I hope all the years I spend cooking with them will pay off someday and they’ll enjoy cooking as well when they grow up!
Oatmeal Raisin Protein Balls
- 1 cup oatmeal GLUTEN FREE
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup almond butter or nut butter of your choice
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Place oatmeal, honey, nut butter, flaxseed and chia seeds in a food processor and mix until all ingredients are blended together.Do not overmix. You will probably need to use a spatula to clean the sides of the food processor once or twice to mix all ingredients.
- Add raisins and mix just to incorporate them into the mixutre.
- Refrigerate mix for about 20 minutes.
- Roll into balls and store in an airtight container.