I am an affiliate for Primally Pure so if you purchase any products using links provided within this post I will make a commission, all opinions shared in this post are my own.
It’s true, natural deodorants work differently than traditional ones, but the benefits far exceed a traditional deodorant… and being different in this case is a really good thing! If you are ready to make the switch to natural deodorant, I’m excited to share more about why it’s important, and why Primally Pure is the best natural deodorant for me.
I made the commitment to natural deodorant in 2017 and through trial and error, I finally found one that works best for my body chemistry.
If you’ve tried a natural deodorant and you don’t think it works, it might be that that specific brand doesn’t work well with your body. Don’t be afraid to try another one. I have a few listed that work well for me in this post, but my favorite is Primally Pure Charcoal Deodorant.
What is natural deodorant?
The ingredients in natural deodorant work with the body to neutralize body odor and to help detoxify the body of toxic buildup all while bringing balance back to sweat glands.
Natural deodorants do not contain antiperspirant or harmful chemicals that could potentially have adverse effects on your body. Also, it’s ok and actually a good thing for your body to sweat. So, while it might like you want to control your sweating, this is a reminder that sweating is the bodies way of ridding itself of toxins and naturally detoxing itself and cooling down your body.
Is Primally Pure a good brand?
I have been very pleased with Primally Pure brand. The owner takes a lot of care and considerations into product development, which I appreciate. It took her over a year to develop their deodorant until she was pleased with the results (and her testers, too!) I’ve been so impressed with the entire company since I’ve used their products the last few years.
Benefits of natural deodorant
- By using natural deodorant you eliminate harmful chemicals found in traditional deodorant
- Primally Pure natural deodorant doesn’t just prevent body odor like typical deodorants, it actually works to neutralize and detoxify the body of toxic buildup
- Natural deodorant allows your body to sweat… which is necessary! Don’t be afraid of sweating. It’s the bodies natural way of keeping your body balanced.
- Gives you peace of mind that what you are putting on your skin is made from all natural ingredients and not a concoction of different chemicals.
What is Primally Pure Charcoal Deodorant?
Made with other good-for-you organic ingredients including grass-fed tallow, fair trade coconut oil, arrowroot powder, beeswax and essential oils Primally Pure Charcoal deodorant is seriously my favorite natural deodorant!
My favorite thing about it is I can pronounce every ingredient on the label. Every single one.
There are a lot of risks with using store bought deodorant. Primally Pure actually has an excellent blog post diving into all the details and you can read it here.
Also, the charcoal doesn’t stain your clothes. This was a concern I had but it goes on pretty much clear and I’ve never had it transfer to my clothes at all.
How do I detox my armpits?
Never used organic deodorant but you are ready to try? Here are some great tips.
- Be patient with your body. You will likely sweat more, your sweat glands need to re-balance so expect this to happen, but it should improve in time.
- Commit to 30 days at least. Don’t give up before you reap the benefits of switching to a natural deodorant.
- Don’t be afraid to sweat- your body is ridding itself of the deodorant buildup.
- You may smell more… this is normal, it’s ok and it will balance out within a few weeks.
- You can use a charcoal mask on your armpits to help detoxify as well.
Since being diagnosed with my autoimmune disease I have been very focused on cleaning up the products I am using on my body and in my home. Deodorant is something we all use every single day and can be a great place to start if you are wanting to minimize your exposure to harmful chemicals.
You can receive 10% off your first order on the Primally Pure website using code BBJ.
*Primally Pure has other deodorants available besides Charcoal, it’s just been the one to work best for me.