With only 6 ingredients and my homemade chili seasoning, this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is a delicious way to warm up this winter!
Chili is one of my go-to meals. I love it for lunch or dinner and I think it’s almost always better the next day so that means leftovers which makes my life so much easier!
Whenever I have the time I like to use my slow cooker for my chili recipes.
I have a Cuisinart Multi-Cooker so I brown my meat and then add in all the additional ingredients which makes it not only easy to make, but the only other dish I have to dirty is the strainer to drain the excess fat.
Less dishes = Happy Mommy
This Slow Cooker Turkey Chili uses my homemade chili seasoning. If you haven’t made your own seasonings yet, I encourage you to!
They are so much better in my opinion and I usually have all the spices needed to mix them up. Plus most recipes are for several servings so I have some to last me a while. I put mine in glass mason jars and label them and have them ready to go whenever I need them.
What makes the best chili?
In my opinion, a good chili recipe consists of
- tomatoes ( I use canned)
- broth instead of water for more flavor
- letting it simmer for several hours.
The longer this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili simmers the better it is! I like to cook my chili on low and let it simmer for at least 6 hours. If I have time I like to have it in my slow cooker in the morning so it can cook on low all day and it will be perfect for dinner!
How do you add flavor to chili?
SPICES! The best part about spices is you can adjust them accordingly.
- Want a little more kick? Add a dash or two of cayenne pepper (just not too much or you’ll get quite a punch!)
- Want it a bit sweeter? Sprinkle in a dash or two of cinnamon or some brown sugar. My Mom also likes to sprinkle sugar on her chili… that’s something I’ve never liked but she loves it!
One of the best part about chili is… toppings! My favorite chili toppings are:
- tortilla chips
- sliced avocado
This recipe is great for an easy weeknight dinner, game day or made ahead to eat for lunches during the week! Whenever and however you eat it, I just know you are going to love it!
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- 1lb Ground turkey93/7
- 16oztomato sauce
- 29ozfire roasted tomatoes
- 1 canpinto beans
- 2TBShomemade chili seasoning
- 1cup chicken broth
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet or multicooker.
- Drain and rinse pinto beans.
- Combine ground turkey, pinto beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, homemade chili seasoning, chicken broth in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- You can choose to drain and rinse the ground turkey after it is done cooking to remove some of the fat.
- If you don’t use the homemade chili seasoning you can use a store-bought chili seasoning packet as a replacement.
- The longer you allow to simmer in the slow cooker the yummier it will be!