A step by step makeup tutorial for beginners. Putting on makeup everyday can be done fast and look natural!
You asked for it, so today I’m delivering my first step by step makeup tutorial! It’s obvious I am not a professional but it was kinda fun to do this. I hope it gives you the information many of you have asked for over on Instagram, and if you have any other questions please let me know! I love my makeup and it’s a huge compliment to me that so many of you like it, too.
The majority of my makeup is from Arbonne, with the exception of my mascara and one of the lipsticks I like. I started using Arbonne in 2005, and have been hooked ever since. All of the products I share in the video are listed below along with the colors that I use. If you have any questions let me know! I’m happy to help!
- Arbonne RE9 Advanced Instant Lift Gel– Face lift in a bottle. I’m a busy mom of two who doesn’t sleep enough… this product saves my under eye baggage every day! 😉
- Arbonne Makeup Primer- Creates a smooth surface and feels like silk! Helps fill in lines and wrinkles as well and helps foundation stay on.
- Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation SPF15– My FAVORITE foundation ever! It feels light on your face but has excellent coverage. If you think you hate liquid foundation, I’d encourage you to try this one. It’s amazing. (My color: Neutral Beige in winter, Golden Beige in summer)
- Arbonne The Real Conceal Liquid Concealer- A wand style concealer so it’s easy to control and use, feels very silky going on and provides great coverage. (My color: medium neutral)
- Arbonne Setting Pretty Translucent Loose Powder SPF 15– A luminescent and weightless powder that you can use all year round! I love that it’s only one color so as seasons change my powder color doesn’t. It literally “sets” my foundation and concealer and gives me a more finished look.
- Arbonne Blush- This stuff lasts for YEARS. And I’m not being dramatic. It’s highly pigmented so you only need a touch of it to get a great glow on your cheeks. (My colors: Merlot or Dusty Rose)
- Arbonne Prime & Proper Eye Makeup Primer- Similar to our other primer, except this one is for your eyes. Helps your eye shadow stay on better and you have to use less of it as well since it helps your eye color “pop”.
- Arbonne Eye Shadow- I’ve used the same colors for 12 years… that tells you 2 things. 1- I obviously love it and 2- I don’t chance what doesn’t need fixed! ha! Seriously though, this color combo works for me and I love that it looks simple and natural and I can put it on in no time. (Base color: Slate, Contour color: Truffle)
- Arbonne Eye liner- Goes on easily and stays on. ( My color: Carbon)
- Julep Length Matters Mascara- I am kind of a mascara snob… I fully admit it. I’ve tried too many to count and am always disappointed. I found this one a few years ago and love it. I’ve tried others since finding it and always go back to this one.
- Smoothed Over Lipstick- Goes on easy and stays on. This is the color I use when I’m going for a more dramatic look (My color: Lotus)
- Glossed Over Lip Gloss- Doesn’t feel sticky, and gives good color. Also doesn’t have a bad taste. I hate when I buy a lip gloss that tastes bad! Yuck! (My colors: Calla and Anise)
- Too Faced Lipstick- This is my daily go-to lipstick simply because of the color. It stays on well and doesn’t feel heavy on my lips. (Color: Honey Bear)
There you have it! It seems like a lot when I write it all out, but it takes me about 5-7 minutes to put on my makeup every morning. You shouldn’t have to spend forever putting on your makeup, it can be done quickly!
- Arbonne offers a Preferred Client option. You can receive 20% off your orders. If you are interested you can click here to learn more about it. I used to actively sell Arbonne years ago, now I just share it with people who ask about the products I use. It’s a wonderful company with a great product that is pure, safe & beneficial. Can’t beat that!
I began seeing an esthetician this year to help repair my skin after years of bad acne growing up. I was also a sun worshipper and spent more time in the sun and tanning bed than I’d like to admit over the years. I wanted to repair my skin from the inside out, like I’ve done with my body, so I found a wonderful clinic in Kansas City that has helped my skin.
I see Oleha at Kenlee’s Skin Shop in Overland Park, KS for my skincare treatments. You can find more information about their services here, and if you go, let them know I referred you and you will receive a discount on your first service! I also have a mineral powder that I use occasionally that I purchase from here, I prefer my Arbonne foundation but if I just need something super quick sometimes I’ll use their mineral powder instead.
Take care of your body, from the inside out! Hope you have a great day!
Have you seen my hair tutorial on how to curl your hair in 10 minutes or less? Check it out here.
This post contains affiliate links.