In less than 10 minutes you can have delicious gluten free pancakes made from scratch in your own kitchen! Forget the box, this is the best! These are also dairy free because they are made with almond milk.
Just because a person doesn’t eat gluten doesn’t mean that they can’t have amazing pancakes for breakfast! And if you don’t want to spend a fortune on boxed gluten free pancake mix, this is a fantastic option to make at home!
How do you make gluten free pancakes from scratch?
Gluten free pancakes can easily be made from scratch, and they are much cheaper, too!
All you need to do is combine the following ingredients and whisk until smooth. Flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, vanilla extract, salt and almond milk.
Then pour 1/4 cup of pancake mix onto a hot griddle and cook on each side until done! If you don’t have a griddle you can use a skillet, but I love using my griddle so I can cook more pancakes at once.
What are gluten free pancakes made of?
- gluten free flour- I use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- almond milk- or dairy free milk of choice
Favorite toppings for pancakes
Everyone in our family puts something different on their pancakes. Some ideas are:
- Peanut Butter
- Butter (use vegan butter if you are making these dairy free)
- Fresh Fruit
- Chocolate Chips (for dairy free chocolate chips Enjoy Life are my favorite)
- and of course maple syrup!
One of our boys is allergic to maple so we’ve gotten really creative with toppings on his pancakes and he doesn’t mind at all!
I hope your family enjoys these gluten free pancakes as much as we do. While you are preparing these you can have bacon in the oven for a delicious breakfast the entire family will enjoy!
The Best Gluten Free Pancakes
- 1½cups gluten free flourBob's Red Mill
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1 tspsalt
- 2TBS sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼cupalmond milkor dairy free milk of choice
- Combine all ingredients and stir with a whisk until mixed well.
- Preheat griddle to 250° and pour ¼ cup of batter onto hot griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles begin to form, about 2-4 minutes. Flip over and cook opposite side for 2-4 minutes until cooked.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings
- I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour for this recipe. It includes xantham gum. If you use a flour without xantham gum be sure to add it.
- If you don’t have a griddle, you may use a skillet.
- This recipe will actually make 11 pancakes. Each serving is 2 pancakes so you’ll have 1 extra.
- This recipe can easily be doubled, or tripled!