A family favorite, this BBQ Meatballs recipe is easy to make and loaded with flavor!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 lbs ground beef thawed and uncooked
- 5 oz evaporated milk (replace with a nut milk of choice if you need dairy free)
- 1 cup quick oatmeal (Gluten Free if necessary)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBS dried onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine ground beef, oatmeal, milk, egg, salt, garlic powder and chili powder in a bowl. Mix well using hands or a wooden spoon.
Roll into balls and place in a 9x13 baking dish.
Prepare sauce by combining ketchup, brown sugar, dried onion, garlic powder and liquid smoke until sugar is mixed well.
Evenly distribute sauce over meatballs.
Bake at 350° for approximately 40 minutes. Check to make sure meatballs are done by cutting one in half to see if it's pink, or use a meat thermometer and it should read 160° F.
- To make Gluten Free use gluten free oats
- To make Dairy Free use nut milk instead of evaporated milk
- Do not skip out on the Liquid Smoke. I believe it's what makes these the BEST meatballs.
- You can freeze these by doubling the batch and freezing one immediately. Sauce can be prepared prior to freezing or on the day of cooking.
Serving: 4meatballs | Calories: 572kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 900mg | Potassium: 690mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 4mg