Creamy Taco Soup
This Creamy Taco Soup has simple ingredients and can be ready in 30 minutes!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 ounces black refried beans
- 28 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce canned black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 TBS cumin
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried cliantro
- ½ cup beef broth add more if desired
Brown ground beef in a medium dutch oven or soup pot over medium high heat, crumbling beef while it is cooking. Place beef in a colander to drain grease.
Add beef to dutch oven or pot.
Drain and rinse black beans in a colander and pour them into pot with beef.
Add all additional ingredients to pot, stirring until well combined.
Cook on medium to low heat and allow to simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- My favorite black refried beans are the Trader Joe's Black Refried Beans with Jalapeños. It adds a bit more flavor!
- Regular refried beans will work, but I do prefer refried beans.
- I like a thicker soup, if you prefer it thinner, add more beef broth.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 1254mg | Potassium: 483mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1000IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 5mg