When October rolls around you can guarantee I am making all the pumpkin recipes I can get my hands on! I love pumpkin everything.
Speaking of pumpkin muffins, today I’m sharing these Healthy Pumpkin Muffins that you can make in your blender! I used my VitaMix but any blender will do.
Ingredients for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Rolled oats (choose gluten free oats if necessary)
- Pumpkin puree
- Plain yogurt (I used almond milk yogurt for a dairy free option)
- Maple syrup
- Unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- Baking soda
- Ground cloves
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Pumpkin seeds (optional)
Supplies needed to make Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- A muffin tin
- Muffin liners or cooking spray
- Blender (I used a VitaMix)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cooling rack (optional)
How do I store the Healthy Pumpkin Muffins?
Muffins can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 3 days at room temperature, or 5 days in the refrigerator. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Just thaw and warm in the microwave or oven when ready to eat.
How can I make these Healthy Pumpkin Muffins Gluten and/or Dairy free?
I have Hashimoto’s so I eat gluten and dairy free so I love sharing recipes that others like me can enjoy!
To make these muffins gluten free just be sure to use gluten free oats.
To make these muffins dairy free use dairy free yogurt and chocolate chips. My favorite allergy friendly chocolate chips are from Enjoy Life.
- Batter will be thick so be sure to use a spatula to scrape the sides of the blender as you make them.
- I used my VitaMix and I needed to use the tamper tool since the batter was thick.
- You don’t have to put the chocolate chips in the batter, you can just sprinkle them on top right before baking if you prefer.
- We tried these muffins with the pumpkin seeds in the batter and didn’t enjoy them as much, but if you like a little more crunch, try adding 1/4-1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds to your batter.
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- 2cupsoats(use gluten free if necessary)
- 1 ¼cuppumpkin puree
- ½cupyogurt(use dairy free if necessary)
- ¼cupmaple syrup
- ½cupunsweetened applesauce
- 2 largeeggs
- ½tspbaking soda
- ½tspground cloves
- 1/2 cupchocolate chips(use Enjoy Life for dairy free option)
- 1/4cup pumpkin seeds(optional to sprinkle on top prior to baking)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a muffin tin with liners or spray generously with cooking spray.
- Place oats, pumpkin puree, yogurt and maple syrup in high speed blender. Secure lid and process until well combined. Set aside for a couple minutes while you gather the remaining ingredients.
- Add the applesauce, eggs, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt to the blender. Secure the lid and again blend just until well combined, scraping down sides as needed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into muffin tins ¾ full. Garnish tops with additional chocolate chips and/or pumpkin seeds if desired.
- Place in oven and bake 20 – 24 minutes, or until muffin springs back when pressed.
- Let muffins cool for at least 3 minutes before serving.