Turkey Taco Bowls with Cauliflower Rice is a healthy low-carb meal that is quick and easy to prepare and makes great leftovers!
If you are looking for a quick and easy meal prep meal, or a 30 minute meal to get on the table Turkey Taco Bowls with Cauliflower Rice are a great option!
Growing up we had tacos weekly. My family loved them. To this day I still have tacos weekly… multiple times a week if I’m honest 😉
Sometimes I like to switch it up a bit and skip the tortilla or taco shell and do a taco bowl. What I love about making a taco bowl is that it’s customizable for what I want that day… and every day it could look a little different!
When I created my Healthy Mexican Cauliflower Rice I started using it as a base for my taco bowls and finally realized… why am I not sharing this?!
I have this recipe at least one week out of the month for lunches. The best part? It’s kid approved. And Mamas, we are always looking for healthy ways to feed our kids aren’t we?
You can customize these bowls to your liking by adding these toppings if you’d like…
- Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Cheese
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sour cream
- Non-fat Greek Yogurt (“healthier” option to sour cream)
One of my favorite things about this dish is the skillet corn. It adds some crunch and who doesn’t love corn?
Another way to customize these turkey taco bowls with cauliflower rice is to use homemade taco seasoning.
My favorite recipe for homemade taco seasoning is from Slow Cooker Gourmet. If you don’t want to make your own, and would like a salt-free version, Dak’s spices makes a really yummy one, too! I used the Dak’s seasoning in this particular recipe because I was out of my homemade stash.
I think you will love how easy, customizable and delicious these turkey taco bowls with cauliflower rice are. They are great to prep ahead and have all week long which is why I make such a big batch!
I hope you enjoy these Turkey Taco Bowls on your next Taco Tuesday… or any day of the week!
Turkey Taco Bowls with Cauliflower Rice
- 2lb93/7 ground turkey
- 4TBSTaco Seasoning
- 30ouncescanned black beans,
- 2cupgrape tomatoes
- 2TBSolive oil
- 2cupfrozen corn
Healthy Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Heat skillet over medium heat and cook ground turkey. Add taco seasoning and cook until done. Drain if preferred.
- While ground turkey is cooking, heat another small skillet with olive oil and add corn. Cook until corn is cooked and slightly browned.
- In a large skillet prepare my Healthy Mexican Cauliflower Rice recipe.(https://beautifullybrokenjourney.com/2018/01/30/healthy-mexican-cauliflower-rice/)
- Heat black beans on stove top or in microwave until warmed.
- Evenly divide ingredients into 10 servings.
Photography Credit : Gourmet Creations Photography