This post is sponsored by PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese. As always, all opinions are mine.
Christmas is here and it is by far my favorite time of year to try new recipes! I love whipping up new desserts especially this time of year to share with family.
This year, I decided to create one of my own new Christmas recipes… and let me tell you what, my family was SO happy I did!
A few of my favorite indulgent foods are
- white chocolate
- cream cheese
So, why not create a holiday dessert that incorporates all of my favorites?!? So I introduce to you my White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Pie!
I love being in my kitchen cooking, but I don’t like it when a recipe has a million different steps and a lot of room for error to be honest. I like it quick, simple and delicious.
I’m a busy Mom and I love feeding my family good food, but I don’t believe we have to spend hours on a recipe!
This recipe can be whipped up in 5 minutes!
Then you put it in the refrigerator before serving and you’ll have a new dessert that will leave them begging for seconds!
You need 7 simple ingredients to make the White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Pie
- White Chocolate Pudding Mix
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Cool Whip
- Oreo Pie crust
- Candy Canes
I love using cream cheese for desserts.
And Philadelphia Cream Cheese is always my go-to. The addition of cream cheese makes this pie richer and creamier and gives it such great texture that I know you are going to love. I personally think that cream cheese makes everything better!
How do you make an Oreo Pie?
I chose an Oreo crust for this recipe because it would make for a good crust with the creaminess of the Philadelphia Cream Cheese, powdered sugar and cool whip. Plus, you can buy an Oreo crust and that makes it so easy!
A few tips I want to share about this pie.
- It will be a softer pie, so make sure you are able to leave it refrigerated for a minimum of 2 hours.
- If you want to have a firmer pie you can freeze it for an hour or so, but I don’t recommend freezing it for longer than that. We froze one overnight and we didn’t enjoy it as much as we did when we’d just refrigerated it.
- Using whole milk will also give you a bit of a firmer pie.
I hope this Christmas holiday is an enjoyable one. My wish for you is to enjoy Christmas and the company you are surrounded by, the gifts you find under your tree and the food on your plate.
Merry Christmas, friends! Each and every one of you are a blessing to myself and my family and we appreciate you following along here at Beautifully Broken Journey.
White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Pie
- 1Oreo Pie Crust(store bought)
- 1boxwhite chocolate instant pudding mix (mix only)
- 2cups whole milk
- 8 ozPhiladelphia Cream cheese(softened)
- 1cupCool Whip
- 2TBSpowdered sugar
- 2candy canes
- Mix dry pudding mix with 2 cups whole milk for 2 minutes.
- Stir in softened cream cheese, cool whip and powdered sugar with pudding mixture with a hand mixer until well mixed and smooth.
- Pour pie mixture into prepared Oreo Pie crust.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Crush candy canes and sprinkle on top of pie immediately prior to serving.
Photo Credit: Jennifer Draper